- Never both get angry at the same time.
- Never talk at one another, either alone or in company.
- Never speak loudly to one another- unless the house is on fire!
- Never find fault unless it is perfectly certain that a fault has been committed, and always speak lovingly.
- Never taunt with a mistake.
- Never make a remark at the expense of each other.
- Never part for a day without loving words to think of during the absence.
- Never meet without loving welcome.
- Never let the sun go down on any anger or grievance. .
- Never let any fault you have committed go by until you have frankly confessed it and begged forgiveness.
- Never forget the happy hours of early love.
- Never sigh over what might have been, but make the best of what is.