SOME GOOD RULES
- Never neglect daily private prayer; and when you pray, remember that God is present, and that He hears your prayers (Heb .1.6).
- Never neglect daily private Bible reading; and, when you read, remember that God is speaking to you, and that you are to believe and act upon what He says.
- Never let a day pass without trying to do something for Jesus. Every night reflect on what Jesus has done for you, and then ask yourself. What am I doing for Him? (Mt 5.13-16).
- If ever you are in doubt about a thing being right or wrong, go to your room, kneel down, and ask God’s blessing upon it (Col 3.17). If you cannot do this, it is wrong (Rom 14.23).
- Never take your Christianity from Christians, or argue that because such and such people do so and so, therefore you may (2 ^or 10.12). You are to ask yourself, How would Christ act in my place? – and strive to follow Him (John 10.27).
- Never believe what you feel if it contradicts God’s word. Ask yourself: Can what I feel be true, if God’s word is true? And if both cannot be true, believe God’s word, and make your own heart the liar (Rom 3.4; John 5.10,11).