A few particular questions about frequenting the public house.
- Will drinking improve your health?
- Have you any right to damage your health?
- Do you like to see drunkards?
- How can you be sure that you will not become addicted to drink?
- Is it right deliberately to weaken your self control?
- Does the conversation there encourage humility or is it boastful and self-assertive?
- Do you know that alcholism is a widespread evil in this country?
- Do you know that most alchoholics started with just an occasional pint?
- Are you likely to meet partners there who would make chaste, loyal, gentle, loving and diligent wives (or husbands)?
- Do you think that Jesus would have wasted his hours in such a place?